An Open Letter to My Jerawat

sesungguhnya realiti itu tidak indah;

Dear Jerawat,

It has been 14 years since you first appeared in my life. I will have to admit, I was nervous and scared because your existence meant only one thing at the time; that I was growing up. You were a sign of adolescence, a sign of the unbalanced hormones and awkward self discovery teenage days to come ahead. I was ready to accept you, even though you were such a chore. 

Never mind the fact that you purposely chose days when I had events to come bursting out. A friend's party, or a big competition. I was a bit too young at the time to start wearing make up, and told myself to be patient as everyone had told me, that this too shall pass. I listened to your demands, and frequently changed facial soaps to calm you down on days where you were especially red and pulsing yellow. I even developed the habit of squeezing you out, just to quicken the healing process, even though I had been advised not too, but its just really fun and satisfying to do. 

As I neared young adulthood, I felt ready to finally part with you. Certain that my hormones and what nots should have probably been stabilized by now, I felt confident that my patience would finally pay off and we would go our separate ways.

However. This of course. 
Did. Not. Happen

We have been in this relationship for too long now, Jerawat. Too long, that I think you may have not realized just how much you are affecting me. You have mistaken the care I give you as a sign of affection, and instead of leaving you stay and keep popping up. The countless therapy sessions we have gone through together, but still you refuse to budge. That is why I felt the need to write you this letter because it is the only way that I can ever convey my feelings.  

So please, believe me when I tell you that it's as hard as it is for me, as it is for you when I say this;

GO AWAY


JUST GO AWAY


GO FAR, FAR AWAY.


I'M ALREADY 24 FOR BLOODY'S SAKE. 

This has got to end. Even Brad and Angelina are getting divorced after twelve years! I know you'll get angry when you read this letter, and will probably surprise me with a big one on my forehead just to get back at me, but I believe that everyone has a right to know that our relationship isn't as rosy as we have painted it to be. 

I'm sorry that you had to find out this way, but I am not happy Jerawat. If you really care about me, then I hope you will take this letter in the best way and understand that you need to let me go. I will forever cherish the moments that we had, but the past should be left in the past.


It's time to move on.


Sincerely, 







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts