The Knocking Midget

sesungguhnya realiti itu tidak indah;

I woke up today

and found a little midget knocking in my chest

he was no bigger, than my little finger

and wore a red hat and a yellow sweater vest


the knocking was first soft and slow

and that was as far I thought it would ever go

But what I did not expect was for this little midget to grow!


I woke up the next day

with the knocking getting louder

the midget has apparently brought along a MUCH bigger hammer 


I told the midget to stop his restless knocking

but he refused to comply

unless I agree to give him a tear from my eye


So I took a teardrop and placed it in his midget hands

He smiled but told me sadly that I would soon regret my own demands

Without another word he packed up his hammer and left

Finally some peace and quiet in my chest


But when I woke up today

expecting peaceful bliss

I realized the knocking midget was right

and it was his profound knocking that I truly missed








(20150714)


Comments

Popular Posts