Discipline Over Regret

sesungguhnya realiti itu tidak indah;

Well we are now in the 3rd week of December, which only means that 2015 is right around the corner. I've given it much thought, and decided that for my final year, my philosophy will be to choose discipline over regret.

Letting go is easy when you are alone.
You can just sit home for hours or even days and it would seem as if time didn't even move an inch. best thing is no one knows.
it's just you and yourself 
and your TV 
and your computer 
and your smartphone.

as long as you're tweeting or posting photos, people around will believe you are living that "time of your life"

If we didn't put too much thinking into a photo we wanted to post.
If we didn't spend the day out just so we could POST those photos.

if we just sat home and really thought about ways we could grow or get better as a human being. instead what they say is true, we truly are becoming a narcissistic generation, like it or not. 

so here I will try to choose the discipline of saving my money than the regret of being penniless later.

here i will try to choose the discipline of eating in healthy portions than the regret of my weight.

here i will try to choose the discipline of really taking the time to write my stories and articles not just because I was bored but because I really want to, than the regret that I never tried when I had all the time in the world.

most importantly, i will try to choose the discipline of making my real life a better place,talking more to people, and taking more chances, than the regret of seeing fake images of it through the eyes of a camera.





here here, 2015 

Comments

Popular Posts