Tray for One

sesungguhnya realiti itu tidak indah;

I felt a tap on my back. A smiling face asked a question regarding this weeks report.

Its been along time since i felt this way. I happily followed her around to the copy machine, casually conversing about the days weather, and how the class had been so boring.

After we were done, she turned and waved. And i felt the same again. Empty. Alone. Yet just another passer by.

I walk alone. I sit alone. I eat alone.
It's only logical (as Spock would have said) that people think that i'd prefer this way of life.

Avoiding awkward glances and conversations as i make my way through the day. 

Though i'm not truly alone. Your just all the way in New Zealand. I look forward to telling you about this week. 

I sip the remaining of my miso shiru, and stare at the tray.






Even chopsticks come in pairs.

Comments

Popular Posts